Friday, August 18, 2017

I now drink coffee…

It’s the craziest thing. All my life, I have hated coffee. I didn’t even like the smell of it. I wanted to like coffee. Coffee is a very social thing. But I just didn’t like coffee. I was always a tea drinker. Well, tea addict is a more accurate description.

Then a book happened. And a certain Frappé Mocha.

Last year for NaNoWriMo, I started writing my first ever serious contemporary romance novel. Coffee plays a big part in this novel. My characters love coffee. They have coffee all the time. My main guy even wants to open a coffee shop. I think writing this novel somehow convinced me that I liked coffee. See, I told you it was the craziest thing. Ever since writing that novel, I have liked coffee.

coffee

And I think what was also a major tipping point was a McDonald’s Frappé Mocha. My RN brother got one on our way home from our camping trip to Lifest. I had to admit that creamy, icy drink and drizzled chocolate over whipped cream looked pretty good. He let me have a taste. Well, hello coffee! I apparently have been missing out all my life. Not that a Frappé Mocha actually tastes like more than a coffee flavored chocolate drink, but hey, it acted as a bridge.

My grandma gave me a mini coffeemaker recently. Making coffee is something I never pictured myself doing. But I do and am sipping a cup right now. A declicious Chocolate Caramel Brownie coffee by Cameron’s. So. Good.

Now, lest you think I only drink specialty coffees or “frou-frou coffee”, that’s not true. Yes, I like my coffee sweet and creamy, but I did have (and enjoyed) a mug of regular coffee at the last buckskinners rendezvous I attended. And let me tell you folks, rendezvous coffee is real coffee. Strong coffee. And, as I said, I actually enjoyed it. I was pretty proud of myself.

So, yes, I am now a coffee drinker and can enjoy going out for a social cup of coffee.

g4f1w

Drinking coffee after all these years actually does feel a little bit like turning to the dark side…

1 comment:

  1. I was converted over to coffee last year, too, and McDonald's Pumpkin Spice Latte was to blame. I bought one for my sister, because she loves coffee, and I work McDonald's, and I was going to just taste it just so that I could answer customer questions about it ... and I managed to have drunk the whole thing before I left the store. So I had to get my sister a new one.

    And then we were given a keurig machine, and ... yeah. I'm now a coffee drinker. Haven't made my way to pure black coffee yet, but I'm getting there. Slowly.

    ReplyDelete